RESIDENCE PROGRAM OVERVIEW
The ANDEAN ARTISTIC RESEARCH LABORATORIES is a short stay program where dialogue, exchange, collaboration and experimentation among researchers and artists of different generations, disciplines and nationalities create a basis for a unique artistic and learning experience.
This year we present the VISIONARY ARTS LAB – OPEN CALL 2014, open to eight artists and art researchers selected among the applicants by a committee. The programme lasts ten days during which the participants attend round-tables, seminars and workshops run by invited artists and guest lecturers, as well as participate in guided visits to cultural and natural sites and offer conferences to the local populations.
We are looking for contemporary artistic practices and research that involve visual arts (ceramics, drawing, painting, sculpture, printmaking, design, crafts, photography, video, filmmaking and architecture) and/or performing arts (dance, music, theatre, circus, magic) related to visionary art and human sustainability. Visionary art understood as art practices that purports to transcend the physical world and portray a wider vision of awareness. We are also interested in curatorial practices, non-formal education and the production of events related to visionary art and the promotion of cultures of sustainability.
– Create a space of exchange, collaboration and dialogue among visionary art researchers and artists
– Strengthen visionary art projects and artistic researches that are in-progress
– Be acquainted with the ancient visionary art and architecture of the Chavin de Huantar Ceremonial Centre
– Promote art and cultural practices that relate to cultures of sustainability and contribute to new civilizational paradigms
DURATION, DATES AND LOCATIONS
From the 2nd to the 12th of October, 2014
Chavin de Huantar, Huari and Huaraz
CONSTANTINO MANUEL TORRES, art historian, archaeologist and ethnobotanist
DONNA TORRES, painter and illustrator
JONATHAN OTT, ethnobotanist, writer, translator, publisher, natural products chemist and botanical researcher
ANA MARIA LLAMAZARES, anthropologist and paradigm change researcher
GIORGIO SAMORINI, ethnobotanist and psychedelics researcher
For more information about the tutors go to this link.
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS
The application and all required materials must be sent by the
31st of July 2014 August 8th, 2014 (extended).
For guidelines and application process here.
– Group tutorials
– Individual meetings
– Visit to Chavin Ceremonial Centre and Museum
– Visit to Lake Purhuay and Llamacorral Shrine
(*) there will also be available free reflection time for artists/researchers
SCHEDULE (subject to minor changes) – OCTOBER 2-12th, 2014
- OCT 2-3: Bus from Huaraz to Chavin, Guided visit to Chavin Ceremonial Centre,Guided visit to Chavin National Museum, Presentations in local auditorium
- OCT 4-7: Bus from Chavin to Huari, Visit to Lake Purhuay and Llamacorral Shrine, Round-tables and group tutorials, Individual meetings
- OCT 8-12: Bus from Huari to Huaraz, Huaraz City Cultural Tour, Participation in FESTIVAL, Overnight Ritual Ceremony in Huaraz [Saturday, OPTIONAL], Pachamanca lunch [Sunday]
Un comentario en “VISIONARY ARTS LAB – Open Call 2014”
Pingback: Deadline Extension / Ampliación de Plazo | Andean Visionary Arts and Sustainability Festival
Los comentarios están cerrados.